Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I miss Amber!

Amber was such a big part of our lives for a number of years that I really miss her since she has moved to Pentwater. We don't see her near as much. Of course she is getting older too. Which means she is busy with school activities. She has just been asked to join the Jr. High School Girls' Basketball team and she is in the 6TH grade. Now I know that she is a pretty good little player and can make some really difficult shots, but I suspect it is more from coming from a small school and needing more players to make a full team. That's not a put down of Amber............I would never do that! But I do have to be honest too! Of course, I think she is wonderful at what ever she does, but I am a little bit prejudiced on her behalf!

I'm really hoping that this summer she will be able to spend a lot more time with us. And it probably will happen since we won't have to deal with snow, sleet and icy rain come spring and summer. Still it is over 100 miles one way to pick her up so it would be easier if she didn't just have a weekend to spend here. It seems like she just gets here and it is time to turn around and make the 100 + mile trip back up to her house. And at the price of gas it gets a little expensive............not that she isn't worth it........she is! All my grandchildren are worth it! All 18 of them! I have 5 of them that live even further away. Three in Kentucky and two in Texas. If only I could come up with a plan to get everyone to live withing a 50 mile range of me, I would be in HEAVEN!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we lived closer. You seem like family to me. Anyway, I'm hoping Amber will be able to spend more time with you this spring/summer too. How very exciting that she'll be playing basketball. Activities like that are good for confidence.

We may get some ice this Thursday. I surely hope not! Of course, it is a once/twice thing a year for us. But actually over the past couple of years, it has been a no show for snow or ice. I could do some more years of no shows. LOL

Hugs

Smalltown RN said...

It's awful when ones that you love and care for are so far away....be careful for what you wish for....I come from a very large family as you know....we all live in BC..I am the only one who doesn't live on the mainland..but am only 1 1/2 away by ferry....then comes the 32 nieces and nephews and 8 great neices and nephews....so then you add in the family and dynamics...and well...need I say more....I can for the all dearly...but I also must say I am glad on I on the island....

cheers my friend....