Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It always creeps up on me........

......August 1! Every year, it's always the same. I wake up and after having my coffee I glance at the calendar and realize that it needs to be changed and it is my late hubs birthday. He would have turned 66 today! He's been gone 32 years....my youngest was only 2 at the time and the oldest was 7.

His birthday used to sneak up on me then too. I think it's because it was the first day of the month and until I turned that page on the calendar it always seemed like I had so much more time before the new month would begin.It always seemed like I would have more time with you too, but that wasn't too be.

This is the first year since the kids were older that one or all of them has not called to remind me that today was their Dad's birthday. Children grow up, time passes, life's get busier and seemingly more pressing issues get in the way of things we should remember. I'm doing fine. I have remarried a man you would like and be friends with. So I will quietly remember you, Dave, on this your 66 birthday and wish you a Happy Birthday up in heaven with the angels by your side and with our gradson Owen in your arms, in the company of your Savior. I'm sure the celebration you are having up there is greater than any celebration I could have ever given you, no matter how many birthdays you would have had in this world! I love you and Happy Heavenly Birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful birthday tribute! Hugs!

Smalltown RN said...

what a wonderful tribute to your late husband...so well said..thank you for sharing.

Now as for that deck.....Yahoo!!!! How wonderful for you...we never got ours done this year....we have a small one but we have grand plans for the deck we want...so I think it will be on the wish list for next year...boo hoo.....oh and I do hope you enjoyed your time with Amber, I know how you miss her so....and by the way...it was absolutely wonderful talking to you on the phone last week...surprised you I bet.....cheers my dear friend...

JUST A MOM said...

I am late,,, very nice.