Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig!

Okay, I'm home and am safe. Had a great time. Daughter and family are doing wonderful. Things have settled down for them a bit. Court appointments forthcoming. If anyone has any questions regarding that, feel free to e-mail me!

I don't have any pictures to post yet. I had a senior moment and forgot to take my digital so I had to buy a disposable camera out there and I have to get it in to get a picture CD made before I can post any pictures. My SIL got here earlier than expected, so I had to hurry and get things together and inadvertently left my camera in the computer room.

We had fantastic weather the entire trip. It was warm with a high of 83º in Kentucky and traveling weather was mostly between 70º and 75º. We didn't make it down to Corbin where the Cumberland Falls are located to see the "moonbow" as my SIL wasn't too keen on driving on the curving and treacherous mountain roads in the dark. Maybe next trip down hubby and I take will be another opportunity to view the "moonbow".

We never hit any rain, although we heard on the radio that it was storming back in Michigan and driving through Indiana there were several tornado watches and thunderstorm watches and warnings in the western counties, but we were able to miss them all and by the time we arrived home the storms here had already passed.

This morning it is snowing here though, and that is quite a difference from the shorts weather we were enjoying!

3 comments:

Smalltown RN said...

Oh I am glad you are home safe and sound.....I am also glad you had wonderful weather....it has been sunny here...but cool....Sunday was a weird weather day with sun, and snow and rain....very strange....and today is rain....need to catch up...maybe I will see you online...

Cheers my friend....

Cheryl said...

I'm waiting for those pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hey I've been through Corbin before! Glad you had a good time. Hugs!