Thursday, April 5, 2007

Easter Preparation

Easter is only a few days away now and since we will have Amber with us and there will be other grand children arriving I decided we needed to get busy and color some eggs. Of course, Amber was all for the idea. She wanted to do most of it but with color dye I thought it beneficial to supervise. She did a good job. In this picture she is picking up the eggs to spread some glitter on them after the dying process.

We were going to have an Easter Egg Hunt outdoors, but with snow on the ground I'm sure we will move it to indoors. The house is big enough to hide a couple dozen eggs in and the kiddies will have a noisy, good time looking for them. They will all have an Easter basket to gather the eggs in and take their goodies home in!

Tomorrow, I will shop for the food for our dinner of ham, mashed potato's, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, a veggie tray with dip and desserts. I think that should be enough. We always end up with too many left overs even if I send some of it home with the kids.

This is probably the last post until after Easter is done. I will be very busy entertaining the grand kids!

Happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Easter, Martie! I remember these days of coloring eggs, both as a child myself and when my own children were little. Precious memories...

Smalltown RN said...

Oh loved colouring eggs....as my girls won't be here it will be the plastic eggs in a basket with some little candies inside for hubby to pick at.....

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog today...greatly appreciated...yes we will chat....have a wonderful Easter with your family.....

Cheers my dear friend

Anonymous said...

Amber looks like she's really into what she is doing. Looks fun! Happy Easter!