Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hot and humid!

Well, here it is, one more hot and humid day here. We have had more hot, humid days this summer than we had all of last summer and we are expecting our hottest day of the year Friday with a temp of 93º and a heat index of 103º! Sounds like a day to stay indoors and read and out of the heat and humidity if at all possible. It will be for me! My poor hubby will have to go to work in a factory that is always at least 20 degrees hotter inside than it is outside. I'm glad I'm a woman and am not required to support a family financially as most men are!

Yesterday I had 3 grandchildren here, aging in age from 15 to 4. The 15 year old was here to help me with the other two...........her cousins. I took Elijah and Rebecca swimming to my daughters house for a while and they were so tired that Rebecca, who is the 4 year old, fell asleep on the way here and we only live like 6 minutes away! After her daddy came for them we had supper and she wanted to go outside and play on the swingset. We went out for a while but the skeeters were eating us up so we came back in. She was a little upset about having to come in so soon and I told her that if the mosquitoes were biting me that badly that they surely would start eating her up in a minute. She looked up at me, and in all seriousness said "No they won't Mema......their tummys are very little so by the time they are done eating you, they will be too full for me." I love the things little kids say.................still, we came in!

No comments: