Sunday, November 23, 2008

A prayer answered................

I am thrilled to tell you that my 13 year old grand daughter, Amber, is living with me at the present time. I have been given temporary and emergency guardianship of her while her mother is incarcerated in a county jail. We will hear tomorrow for how long this guardianship will last. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the judge will demand that she take some parenting classes and anger management classes as well! And until those classes are completed satisfactorily, that Amber remain in my guardianship or that of her daddy's!

We went to visit her daddy this afternoon and stayed for dinner. Then Amber talked them into letting us bring her newest brother, Zaidyn who is almost 2 months old, home with us for the night. It really didn't take much talking on her part. They haven't had a full nights sleep since he was born back in September, so this could really be a welcome relief for them! And I know that I can do it for one night anyway. I don't have to work tomorrow, so it won't be too hard and I suspect that they will be here fairly early in the morning (probably around 9 at the latest) to pick him up. I don't think they will be able to stand not having him much later than that. In fact, I suspect that they will come as soon as all the other kids get on the school bus and are headed to school!

Bumpa called tonight and still no deer for any one up there. Makes me wonder what the big attraction is to going deer hunting in the U.P. if the majority of the deer are down this way and are corn fed and taste much better than the ones from the U.P. anyway! Perhaps it's just a 'MAN' thing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome news! I'll continue to pray. Happy Thanksgiving early. Hugs

Lori said...

Hurray! I know how dear Amber is to you. I hope things continue to go well for you all.

Hugs, friend!

JUST A MOM said...

hey there great news!!!!! I think the beer is colder in the UP,,, or is that deer and they stay in hiding. Have a great holiday season. My cousin does BOW hunting up there and always gets something maybe they like the quiet,,,,,

Oldqueen44 said...

I am very happy for you and Amber. I hope this will be a very special time for her, that wonderful memories will be made.
Blessings to you grandma.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Martie!! :)