Saturday, November 8, 2008

OMG!

Amber told the police her mom smokes pot and all shit has hit the fan! I am fearful for Amber even though when I speak with her she says she is fine. I have my doubts! She told me they are going to be moving back to a city that is only about 40miles from us and live with her mom's mom again. Then she told me they aren't. Now she tells me her mom wants to move out of state. I don't think she can legally do that without Amber's dads (my son) approval. Wish lawyers didn't cost so much! "Dad" will never give permission for that..........not in a thousand years! Yet, I don't believe he has the room for her in his home either. He and his fiance are living in a small 3 bedroom apartment with 5 children, ages 2 months to 12 years. The bedrooms are small and I'm not sure that is the best place for her either. She is always welcome to come and live with us, but that probably won't happen either. I think legally if her mom moves out of state, custody would be given to her father....not her grandmother!

Sometimes situations suck!

5 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

Boy this is tough on everyone. I can't imagine the anxiety Amber is feeling. I feel sorriest for her.
Lawyers! I've had more than my share of dealing with them! Sometimes it's the only way though to get the results you want. Good luck to all of you.
{hugs}

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is pretty intense. I'm sure Amber is trying to be brave. I'll keep her and all of you in my prayers as I know this is stressful. A resolution that is best for Amber in a timely fashion is what I know you want.

Hugs

Rebecca said...

Hey Martie -- I got your post and I'm sorry - this is the first chance I've had to come by and catch up.

Stressful is an understatement. I'm sorry you're going through such difficult times at the moment.

Depending on what the laws are in the state she's in, marijuana smoking may not be a drug that is offensive enough to warrant her not having custody of Amber. I know here in MA, one of the only ways a mother loses custody is by being a drug user.

I don't know if moving across state lines isn't allowed either... what does your son's attorney think?

Hugs -
Rebecca

JUST A MOM said...

hope all is working out for the best.

Lori said...

I'm so sorry about this situation, martie.

Praying for Amber...and thinking of you all.

Hugs