Monday, June 30, 2008

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tom began working in our yard today and was doing a good job of it and I was working in the house..........you know, the usual stuff, laundry, dishes, vacuuming and general picking up, etc. when Tom's mom called all frustrated because she had a bat hanging on the side of her garage in broad daylight. She was afraid he was going to fly into her house if she opened the door. Tom told her that bats don't like to fly in the day time as they are nocturnal creatures and then she got even more freaked out thinking that it probably had rabies if it was out during the daytime. Here is a picture of it before Tom knocked it off and killed it.



But once it was dead and buried, he noticed this big beautiful moth sitting on a flower pot near the front of the garage. I took a picture of it so that one follows also.


So that's our eventful Sunday afternoon............and we still didn't get the things accomplishments that we had wanted to do!

Gotta go for now, I'm falling asleep sitting in front of the computer and I have to get up @7:30 AM to get ready for work, hopefully I will get it done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bats and rats...it is like they are everywhere! At the gym, bats swarm around the building at night. I don't know why but it is an uncomfortable sight. Makes me feel all itchy.

Wow that was a beautiful moth.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

It looks like it is the same kind of moth just smaller than the one that we seen. And mom has bats in the house all of the time. I bet they have killed at least 30 this year already.

Lori said...

Aw...poor little bat. Look at him just hangin' on there!

And that is one huge moth!

Haven't had much time for reading as of late...and I've missed you!

xoxox