Thursday, April 17, 2008

Some family member stress me to the MAX............

.........and here I am referring to one of my sis-in-laws. I've written of her before. The one who calls with nothing to say and will call 3-4 times a day just to see what I am doing! Arrggggghhh! Well, Tuesday evening, Doug called to see if I could file an extension for his taxes online since he has not been able to contact Hunter and Harley's mom to see if she filed and claimed them. Each of them had them for 6 months last year. While in the process of doing that, this sis-in-law calls to tell me she needs help. She is trying to file her Dad's 1040A form, just claiming his Social Security in order to receive the Economic Stimulus check. I tell her to go to the IRS site on her computer and look for that particular information, find a company that offers that for free filing and following the instructions and she will be able to complete it. I hang up and resume filing for Doug's extension. She calls at least 5 more times, telling me she can't find it and she needs help. She has to come over this way anyway, so how about if she just stops in and I show her where it is. I say "fine" in a tired, sarcastic way. She shows up, with both her girls, they follow me to the computer room/office and I bring the site up and write the info down on a piece of paper for her, turn around to give it to her, and they are all sitting in chairs and on the floor. She says, "as long as it's right there on your computer, why don't you just do it for me?" I'm steaming inside......I have other things to do, like clean house as I've just worked the last two days and I have to work Wednesday also. I need to do some laundry and take a shower and I would like to be able to relax a little before it is time to go to bed. To make a long story short.........I say 'give me the info'. So she hands me this 1040A form that is all filled out already and just needed a signature. I asked her why she just didn't go to her dads and have him sign it. Her reply, "he wants it filed online and have direct deposit so he can get the stimulus check faster". At this point in time, I'm beginning to think that she told her dad she could do it for him and then after trying, realized that she didn't have a clue as to how to do any of this. I'm furious by this time as it has taken up more of my time than I was willing to give! I begin to enter the info into the online form and get to the part where they ask for the routing number and checking account number. I turn and ask her for it.........and she looks at me with a surprised look on her face and tells me she doesn't have that information. By now, I'm amazed that the steam is not spewing forth out of the top of my head because I am ready to blow a gasket! She makes a quick call to her house and has her hubby get the checking account number and hangs up. I tell her I also need the routing number and she says that he banks the same place that both of us do and all routing numbers for that bank are the same. I tell her they are not, but she insists that they are. In order to get rid of her I enter her routing number in and shoo them out of the house as quickly as possible. I'm sure that this will probably screw up the direct deposit of the stimulus check, but it isn't my fault, I tried to tell her, nor is it my responsibility nor do I even care at this point!

There...........done with rant and vent!!!!

3 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

I feel for ya. Hang in there, things are going to get better!! lol

Anonymous said...

I got irritated while I read this. She is very selfish. Don't allow her to take advantage of your good nature often. She doesn't seem to take hints very well. She's a "taker."

On the flip side, that was a very kind thing you did. She didn't deserve it.

Hope your weekend is more restful and peaceful.

Hugs

Barbara Doduk said...

My family stress me out, but I don't see them much so it balances out. HAHA. Can't pick your relatives...

Cheers for stopping by The Love Blog and commenting.