Sunday, December 23, 2007

Everything is done!

My house was full with some of the grown children and some of their children, while we had our annual Christmas Cookie Bake. It ended up being quite the mess..........but 100 years from now, who will care about the mess. In fact, I don't care about it now!
We did this Friday night. I was a bit groggy from Thursday morning but we managed. I spent all of Thursday morning in the ER. Just those darn old muscle spasms again, but this time there was an enzyme that was elevated and they kept me much longer in able to do more blood draws and check the enzyme over a time period. They thought I might be having a cardiac event of some kind.
I told them when I got there it was muscle spasms, but they can't take a patients word for it..........they really need to be very careful if they think the heart is involved especially if there is a history of heart problems.
So, after 5 hours and two shots of morphine, oxygen, heart monitors, chest x-rays and an EKG, they believed me and released me with a couple RX's and instructions to take it easy for the rest of the day. I think they must have forgotten what time of the year it is...........it just isn't possible for this "Grandma" of 18 to take it easy. I'm not like Staples and I don't come equipped with an 'Easy Button'!
But this was the last item that needed to be checked of the list in preparation for Christmas. The cookies are made, the menu is planned and ready and the presents are all wrapped and placed under the tree in anticipation of Christmas late afternoon. I can hardly wait!

5 comments:

Lori said...

I'm glad you are all right. You are so blessed...look at all those angels you have!

Merry Christmas, Martie!

Anonymous said...

(((((Martie)))))

I'm glad you are okay and it was just muscle spasms. Take it easy as much as you can and let those kiddos even the grown ones help out.

Holiday hugs!

Linda said...

Hi,
I'm just new to Over 50 Bloggers and I thought I'd stop in to say Merry Christmas! Hope your 2008 is great!

janet copenhaver said...

I think we all know our bodies better than the doctors most of the time!!

Oldqueen44 said...

Glad you are OK. That sounded pretty scary though. Hope you had a great Christmas.