Saturday, June 16, 2007

Today's Plan

It is now 9:12 AM. I have been up since 5:30 AM. Today is my oldest grandson's graduation open-house and I promised my daughter, Naive, that I would make the meatballs. They are cooking in the crockpots as I type this.

I should have some wonderful words of wisdom to impart to him on this day. I don't!

I want to tell him how proud I am of him. How he has exceeded all expectations I had of him. What a joy he has been to me and the extreme pleasure he has brought into my life. I want to tell him what an extraordinary young man he has become. I want to make sure he knows how much I love him. And how much success and happiness I wish for his bright future. But most of all, I guess I want to let him know how pleased I am that he has ensured already, at his age, a place in Eternity for himself. I don't know what else a parent or grandparent can hope and pray for!

Tomorrow I will post pictures of his open house party.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Send him to this post on your blog..and then he will know.

What a wonderful young man! He sounds like such a sweetheart who has his act together.

Hmmm....my daughter is just a year behind him. Think they'd mind if we did some match-making?! ;-)

janet copenhaver said...

Well said my friend. Lucky to have such a wise woman to guide him and give him words of encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your eldest grandson! The meatballs sound really yummy. Hugs

Smalltown RN said...

Martie...I have to agree with Lori...send him your blog....what you said is beautiful and right from the heart...what more can one give.....he is a very lucky grandson to have you in his life......cheers my dear friend

Rhea said...

Congratulations to your and your grandson. Will he groan when you say how proud you are of him?