Sunday, June 3, 2007

The other day while standing at the kitchen sink washing some breakfast dishes, a bright red male northern cardinal decided to land on the bird bath and take a bath. It was quite fun to watch, but I was unable to get a photo of him through the window, so I found one on the Internet.


Later that same day, a cedar waxwing showed up to take a drink. This time the blinds were open but in my haste to reach for the camera, I frightened him away! But he did look just like this one that I also found on the Internet.



And the last photo today is of Amber ready to take a dip in the pool to cool off.
And this picture, I was able to take.....just before she jumped all the way in and got me all wet. So, I got cooled off too! LOL

7 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

What a treat to watch those birds, send them my way....

Life has been crazy!!!!

So much to tell you. Might go on TR tonight to catch and fill you in.

Anonymous said...

Birds are such lovely creatures. I have a special place in my heart for birds.

The pool looks like fun.

Hugs

Lori said...

Just goes to show you...the best photos are the ones you can get yourself, even if you get wet in the process!

Smalltown RN said...

I am so glad I am finding others that get so much enjoyment out of spotting birds as I do....those to you saw...wow...we don't get cardinals here.....but I would love to see one up close...they look so vibriant....

Looks like Amber was having a gay ol time...that is so nice to see....

hope you had a great weekend..chat soon...cheers

Barb said...

I'm glad you didn't find a picture like your daughter on the internet! LOL! Great pics!

RUTH said...

What colourful birds you have..ours in the UK are not as flamboyant. That pool looks fun!

Smalltown RN said...

hello my friend just checkin in seeing wassup...hope life is treating you well let's chat soon....cheers