Saturday, January 10, 2009

Here's hoping the New Year improves...........

after being sick for 4 days after Christmas and hubby coming down with a sinus infection, little Drew having pneumonia followed by a sinus infection and ear infection and visits to the ENT doctor and finding out that they want to put tubes in his ears and take his adenoids out, we were wondering what more could happen. We should have left well enough alone!

Then it was back to work and we ended up having Amber and Alissa on New Years Eve and we played the Wii until the wee hours of the morning and there just didn't seem to be any time to get on the computer. It seems to me that in my 'partial retirement' I should have more time to do the things I want and less time to have to do other things............not so it seems!

Thursday morning on my way to work as I was driving south on 18Th street before getting to 135Th Ave where I must stop and turn left, I knew there was ice underneath that snow so I had only been traveling at about 30-35 mph and as I began to pump my breaks in plenty of time, my car decided to swing around on me so I was headed east on a north/south road. Fortunately there was no one in close proximity and I was able to stop inches before going into a ditch. Which gave me ample room to back up and make the car straight again and go to the stop sign and make my left hand turn and continue on my way without any further problems.

Friday morning, Emily wasn't as lucky! On her way to school, traveling on the same road (18Th street) she lost control of her car and went down a pretty steep embankment and ended up way past the ditch. The tow truck driver who pulled her car out said she was very lucky she didn't roll it! Fortunately she was not injured and the only thing that broke on her car was the drivers side outside door mirror. If you wish to see some photos, you can go to Michelle's facebook..........that's where they are posted. I guess this will be a day she will never forget and it happened to be Steve's 20Th birthday too!

Also yesterday, Virginia had her surgery and everything turned out fine. I got Zaidyn Thursday night so they wouldn't have to deal with him while getting the rest of the kids up for school and out on time to catch the bus before they had to leave. Bumpa picked Hunter and Harley up from school Friday after he got out of work. He had to come home and get the car seats first and I had called school and informed them that he would be coming and not me. They said since he was on the card too, it wasn't a problem, but they would tell the kids that Grandpa was coming instead of Grandma. I sheepishly told the lady on the phone that they would not know who she was talking about if she told them Grandpa instead of Grandma. They only know us by Bumpa and Mema and actually get angry with Doug if he refers to Tom as Tom instead of Bumpa. They are not bothered if he calls me Mom though! So Harley and Hunter went to bed last night without giving us any problems...........they usually are good about that here. Zaidyn on the other hand was cranky and crying. I tried everything to calm him down and he seemed intent on making me miserable too. Until around 1:30AM, when he finally pooped...........poor little guy must have had a tummy ache and once he pooped and had his diaper changed, he fell fast asleep. I got to bed around 2AM and Harley came into my room at 6:30 and asked if she and Hunter could get up. I took one look at the clock and told her to go back to bed, it was still nighttime. She did, but I don't know if they went back to sleep or not. I certainly did and slept until Zaidyn woke up crying, thinking he was starving to death at around 8:30AM. It is now 1:30 PM and they all have been fed (the big kids twice plus a snack, and Zaidyn......several times) and they are now watching a movie and Zaidyn is sleeping. I need to take a shower and get dressed myself, but I'm not sure how long he will remain sleeping. But I think I will end this post and give it a shot............wish me luck!!!!


Anonymous said...

Goodness! You need some me time. Calgon take you away. LOL Naw, I'm sure you enjoy the kiddos. You are stronger than I that's for certain.

People complain about how we don't get much snow. I'm glad I hope we don't have a snowfall at all this winter.

Stay warm, drive safely, and don't work too hard. Hugs!

Sherry said...

It sounds as though you need to visit a spa, have a massage, or do whatever relaxes you: remove yourself from the stress of those events.
Good luck!

janeywan said...

Geez Martie I'm exhausted just reading about your trials. Glad everyone escaped injury sliding around on that ice.
Sure sounds like a day in bed with a book might be in order.