Saturday, February 7, 2009

Growing up.............and away!

I knew this day would come. I dreaded it, but I was sure it wouldn't be much longer before it arrived. Amber is growing up and away more and more each day. She is busy with her friends more and isn't as excited to come here every weekend and would just as soon stay and go places with her friends and/or have them over. I'm really not upset, but it always surprises me at how fast this time approaches once the become 13 going on 14. It is a natural thing and it is a good thing that there are plenty of younger ones that still want to come here all the time. Although, their parents don't allow every weekend vists like Amber use to do, it is still a pleasant time when they are allowed to come and spend a night or two with 'Mema'!

And while it is a bit sad, it is also such an exciting time to watch them grow and see who they are becoming! I love every stage of their development........even the one when they become 's**t head teenagers' and give their parents a lot of grief. I call it getting what they deserve for what they put me through. What goes around, comes around! Ha ha!

3 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

Boy is my kid in for it if he has kids. :)

Anonymous said...

Time just goes by so fast huh. I can't believe that 20 years ago I was a teenager in high school. She's lucky to have a grandma like you. Hugs

Oldqueen44 said...

The puppy is cute.

Have Amber have some sleepovers at your house and bring one of her friends along. It will be a fun get away for her and a friend. Plus yu still get to be in her club.