Sunday, August 3, 2008

Just a quickie!

This is going to be short and to the point. I had to take hubby into the hospital today as he was not feeling well and I thought it was probably his heart again. I was right. He has been admitted into the Intensive Cardiac Care Unit for the night. His cardiac enzymes are not elevated yet, so we don't believe he has had a heart attack. He had a major one back in November of 2005, over 800 miles from home, and it took him 12 hours to get to a hospital and they immediately took him to the heart cath lab and put a stent in.

We don't know what is going on at this point. All we do know right now is that there are significant changes in tonight's EKG than the EKG he had done in January after his stress test. He takes a 75mg Plavix every day and at the hospital the gave him 600mg more Plavix, plus they are running an IV Heparin drip. They are planning on doing a heart cath Monday morning and we will know more after they see the results of that as to what kind of intervention is needed if any.

Please keep him in your prayers!

3 comments:

Smalltown RN said...

I am so glad I chatted with you last evening...what a scary experience for all of you....please keep me posted....hugs my friend....

Lori said...

Sorry I've been such an absentee friend. I hope by now everything is going better for hubby. Let us know how everything is.

Blessings to you both, friend!

Smalltown RN said...

hello sweetie...just checking in.....hope you are having a good weekend!